Happy 2018, y’all!
New year brings new beginnings, right? Some would differ here. And rightly so. Same old house, same old car, same old job, same old friends and same old you, right? Wrong. If you want to live with the same old you, you’ll only be stagnant there till you’re rudely awakened by life from your stupor.
Beginning your year, or just beginning anything in general with set goals means you challenge yourself. And when you challenge yourself, you win or you learn. Either way, you have much more experience than if you had remained stagnant. If there’s one thing I loathe, it is being mediocre. And that means I have to constantly challenge myself. I don’t want to be a dinosaur in a constantly changing world where there are so many people bettering themselves each day! And hence, here I am in 2018. Not with a bucket list, but with a list of goals. 5 of which I am sharing here with you guys.
L I S T O F G O A L S :
1) Get better- I know this sounds extremely off the top and not in the least specific. But thats exactly what this is. I want to review each thing I used to do and figure a way to do it in a better way. That means research more, work harder and prioritise, organise and manage better.
2) Work on my physique- It is no secret that I love being a plus size. If a genie were to appear miraculously offering to make me thin, I would refuse. But I do want to work hard on becoming fit as a human. My body deserves it. I have said this before and I’ll say it again, if being a plus size is your choice, so be it. But don’t let that be an excuse to neglect your health.
3) Add value- 2017 was my best year so far. I have received so much love and appreciation from you guys. I’ve made so many friends over the internet. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing a few other beautiful body positive women. I’ve met women that have encouraged and pushed me and I’ve done the same in return. This year, I want to add value to all your lives. I want to create and post content that makes you question yourself, motivates you to take the steps required and inspires you to change things you’ve wanted to. This year is about how I can help you!
4) Purpose- Whenever I have taken a big step in my life, like beginning my blog, joining a club or making decisions, I’ve made sure they’re backed by a purpose. It helps me focus. Staying true to my purpose means my result will remain the same while I am at liberty to be flexible with my approach/approaches depending on the situation. And that has worked brilliantly so far. 2018 is about reinforcing that within me.
5) Create a community for mental health awareness- Around the time I began my blog, I was under depression. For those of who you don’t know, I was so deep under, I got suicidal. I am now out of it but I still have days and sometimes weeks when I dip back under. I always come back out. But I know how it feels. And I know that it is very difficult to find someone who can understand you. So, I want to create an environment where people with a similar state of mind can come together and help each other grow. More details about this will be up soon.
Dress: Zara, Heels: Lulu&Sky, Ring: Avrom Jewels, Lippie: KatVonD
All of this spread over a span of around 360 days is definitely achievable! Above all of this, I want to express myself as and when I want. I want to be more confident this year, be bolder. I want to love better and give more. I want to shine brighter and be more glam than I was last year. Above all, what I don’t want is what we have to end. I love you guys and you have no idea how big a role you’ll have played in shaping me up as a person in 2017.
If you want a successful year ahead and haven’t set goals, now is the time. I urge you to do so. There’s nothing better than the pressure of a ticking clock to get you running towards your goal. Let’s review our goals at the end of 2018!
Here’s to achievements this year!
Until next time, xoxo.